1. Information We Collect
(a) Technical Information Gathered Automatically: When you browse TalentBurst’s corporate website, you do so anonymously. Generic information from server logs is used to track the number of hits to TalentBurst’s website and to find out what types of browser software and operating systems visitors use.
(b) Personal Information You Provide to Us: When you enroll in JobDiva, you may provide information to us about yourself, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Users also provide PII and other confidential information in accordance with standard employment onboarding procedures.
2. How We Use Your Information
Parts of TalentBurst’s corporate website are informational in nature and publicly available to all users. Consequently, until you participate in surveys, chats, programs, or events, register as a user in JobDiva, or request information from TalentBurst, you are able to browse TalentBurst’s website without providing any PII, although your browser may tell us what type of computer and operating system you are using as well as other kinds of technical information. Users who enroll in JobDiva provide PII and other confidential information to TalentBurst, including, but not limited to, a user’s name, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), SSN, SIN, Visa identification numbers, direct deposit bank account information, photographs, salary history, and other information relevant to the employment onboarding process.
- Personal and Contact Information: TalentBurst uses your PII to ensure that you are authorized to work in the United States, Canada, Chile, the United Kingdom, or other countries; set up payment schedules and the like for wages, reimbursements, and other employment benefits; provide you with news and information regarding your employment and other issues; communicate with you regarding relevant transactions or employment communications; other legal purposes inherent in the employment onboarding and general employment process; and to host, operate, or facilitate transactions through JobDiva, including, without limitation, application for available positions, payment of wages and other benefits, and other legitimate business purposes. TalentBurst does not share PII with end clients where it is unnecessary to do so.
- Demographic Information: TalentBurst may share demographic data on an aggregated basis—which will not identify any particular user—with TalentBurst’s members, partners, and affiliates, and for advertising or other technical or business purposes.
- Technical Information: TalentBurst will use PII to allow access to or use of certain information, tools, or features, and for improving JobDiva’s performance, usability, and design. TalentBurst may also use technical information to help diagnose problems with TalentBurst’s servers, analyze JobDiva usage trends, and to otherwise manage and monitor the Website.
- Business Transfers: Your PII may be transferred to and/or shared with affiliated TalentBurst entities, all of which utilize JobDiva and all of which are under common, private ownership.
- Government and Legal Disclosures: We may disclose PII when legally required to do so in accordance with government requests, regulations, or legal proceedings. TalentBurst may also disclose PII to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of JobDiva or as is otherwise required to limit legal liability, or to protect or defend the rights, property, or safety of TalentBurst, TalentBurst’s users, or others.
- For the Performance of a Contract:To perform our contractual obligations to you, including to fulfil your request for services, to contact you in relation to any issues with our services, where we need to provide your PII to our service providers, or to take steps in response to information or inquiries you may submit prior to entering into a contract or partnership with us.
- To Protect Data Subjects’ Vital Interests: To protect the vital interests of you or another person. This information may be used by TalentBurst personnel as a means to contact you to obtain more information, to improve our corporate website or JobDiva, or to provide you with information that you have requested or additional information which TalentBurst believes may be of interest to you.
- Special Categories of PII: We generally do not collect or require special categories of PII (such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health information, biometric data, or sexual orientation) in order to access our corporate website or utilize JobDiva. In the event we may need to collect such information to provide a specific service to you, we will obtain your consent as required by law. In certain circumstances, subject to applicable law, we may process or otherwise disclose special categories of PII.
3. Storage of Personal Information
If you enroll in JobDiva, we store your PII through the JobDiva secure portal. You may access your PII through JobDiva. In addition to the standard PII required for an employment relationship, TalentBurst also records copies of your correspondence with us (including emails and chat logs) and details of any transactions conducted through JobDiva. TalentBurst may maintain the data collected in an electronic database of voluntarily submitted PII. TalentBurst and its agents may exchange such information with each other or with you over the Internet or intranet systems for the purposes of carrying out the activities described above.
4. Cookies & Computer-Related Information
5. Your Choices
We may use the PII we collect from you to provide the requisite employment onboarding and employment-related tasks and services required in the typical employer/employee relationship. If you would like to opt out of future promotional materials from us or postings about potential employment opportunities, you may indicate this preference by following the unsubscribe instructions at the end of such communications or by contacting us at email@example.com.
6. Data Security
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures consistent with industry standards to protect PII that you submit to us and that is under our control against accidental loss, unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, or alteration. Please be aware, however, that no method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic data storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee the absolute security, integrity, and privacy of any or all information exchanged between you and us through JobDiva. We make no warranty—express, implied, or otherwise—that we will prevent unauthorized access to or use of your PII. Once data that you transmit to TalentBurst is received at TalentBurst and entered into JobDiva, it has the same protection that TalentBurst extends to its own confidential information.
7. Data Subject Rights
Data subjects in the European Economic Area and certain other jurisdictions may have certain rights under applicable data protection law, including the right to request confirmation from us as to whether we are processing your PII. Where we are processing your PII, subject to applicable law, you also have the right to:
• Request access to, modification or rectification, or deletion. You may have the right to request access to, modification of, or deletion of your PII we maintain.
• Request restriction of processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your PII in certain circumstances, such as where you believe that the PII we hold about you is inaccurate or our processing is unlawful.
- Object to processing. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we stop processing your PII, such as a request to stop sending you direct marketing communications. To opt-out of direct marketing communications, please see contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data portability. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the PII concerning you that you provided to us or to request that we transmit your PII to another data controller.
- Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights, you may contact us as at email@example.com. As permitted by law, certain data elements may not be subject to access, modification, portability, restriction, and/or deletion. Furthermore, where permissible, we may charge for this service. We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your PII for as long as is necessary to provide the services, or for such longer period as may be required or permitted by applicable law. We will also retain your PII as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Children’s Privacy
Although TalentBurst’s corporate website is suitable for a general audience, JobDiva is intended only for users who are of a working age, usually 14 years of age or older. TalentBurst does not knowingly solicit PII from children under the age of 14 and reserves the right to limit participation in particular activities on or through its corporate website or through JobDiva to individuals above a certain age.
10. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of TalentBurst’s corporate website or of JobDiva who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Governing Law
12. Contact Us
For any other information, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also contact TalentBurst’s legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.